Re: RFS: poco

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> ok, now everything is fine except the copyright file.

Updated once again. I have listed all copyright holders.

Virtually every file in this library have different licence: BOOST,
4-BSD, 3-BSD and others. Even one copyright holder have files on more
then one license. Do I need to list each file and its licence (or files
grouped by license)? There are ~800 files to check!?

I have put licenses for code portions like zlib routines or xml parser.
Providing which file has which license in such case is overkill, isn't
it?

> btw, just curious: are there any reasons to not use the -ssl tarball
> from upstream?

This problem is known as "OpenSSL and GPL software". What happen if
there is a GPL software (and I'm not copyright holder). I extend its
functionality using POCO classes (assumes that POCO is linked against
OpenSSL). Will copyright holders claim that I infringe on their rights?
This can be enough complicated without SSL as some parts of POCO have 4
clauses (while other 3 clauses) BSD license. So maybe we do not need to
care.

Should I prepare both ssl and non-ssl packages? Or ssl only?

> and, are you going to package the docs (assumed they are
> redistributable, i didn't check for that)?

Yes, but if it is another upstream tarball should I make another source
package?

--
Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@burghardt.pl>
http://www.burghardt.pl/