Re: RFS: knetstats

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Can you explain why not automake (>= 1.9) ?

because upstream has used automake 1.9. i'm no automake guru, if you are
sure that automake 1.10 is compatible with 1.9, then just use the newer
one. i'm normally to lazy to even check this, hence i go with upstream
for the moment and ask them to update it for the next release.

> Now, here I don't see the automake1.9 package being listed anywhere.

because the configure script doesn't check here for automake.

> Can you tell me a _proper_ way of finding out packages which are to be put in
> Build-Depends ?

first, i read the documentation. most people do document what is needed
and what not. second, i put the package in my chroot, and try to build
it. if i've missed something, i add it.

i don't know a real automated way to get the build-depends.

> And I've got one more annoying problem. Hope you can shed some light.
> Assuming I did a mistake in the debian/* files (as I always do) :-).
> When I make a change and do a re-build of the package, it doesn't work.

your clean target is not sufficiant. you need to remove the gmo files too.

once it re-builds, always check the new generated diff.gz if there is
any cruft inside. if it is, you need to adapt clean: again.