Problems when I use debhelper compatibility level 5

Hi *,

I'm getting some problems when I use debhelper compat level 5 for
compiling a source, but when I use debhelper compat level 4 instead
the package just compiles fine. I was researching in google but I did
not find anything useful about it for resolving my problem. I'm using
CDBS and the package which I'm trying to compile using compat level
version 5 is cegui-mk2 .

I wanted to change compat level to 5 because If I use 4 linda gives an
Error. I show it below:

muammar@amaneciendo:~/devel/libs/cegui$ linda -i cegui-mk2_0.5.0-1_i386.changes
E: cegui-mk2; Uses cdbs and debhelper.mk, but debhelper Build-Depends
is too old.
This package uses cdbs and includes debhelper.mk, but the version of
debhelper the package Build-Depends on is too old.  To use
debhelper.mk you currently must Build-Depend on at least debhelper (>=
4.1.0).
muammar@amaneciendo:~/devel/libs/cegui$

Now, If I change it to 5 this is what I get:

dh_installudev -plibcegui-mk2-dev
dh_install -plibcegui-mk2-dev --sourcedir=debian/tmp
dh_install: libcegui-mk2-dev missing files (usr/lib/libCEGUI*.a), aborting
make: *** [binary-install/libcegui-mk2-dev] Error 1

libCEGUI*.a are not being created during the compile process. I'd be
glad if someone could help me or give me an idea, I still trying,
researching and testing looking for what is happening. If  any other
information about it is needed, just let me to know it.

Thanks for reading and regards,
--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.