Re: RFS: libphp-simplepie

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:

>   * should: please mention the reason for the action you did in
>     README.Debian
>
>   * should: mention the repackaging in copyright, not in
>     README.Debian-source
>
>   * tipp: remove the useless empty line at the end of the
>     changelog file.

Corrected in my local copy.

>   * wondering: why do you prefere php4 over php5 in the
>     depends/recommends?

I copied this from other PHP library packages. Maybe alphanumeric sort
order looks nicer? :)

>   * should: the Homepage entry in control should have
>     two leading spaces.
>
>   * tipp: dirs is not required as you copy the files with a install
> file
>
>   * tipp: do not prefix some helper files and some not when you have
>     only a one-binary package.
>
>   * tipp: remove the useless commented things in the watch file.

Corrected in my local copy.

>   * must: your copyright is incomplete, there are other files with
>     different copyright holders.

I looked a bit more closely -- one function is licensed under the Open
Publication License, which is not DSFG free[0]. I'm talking to upstream
about replacing it and will upload a new copy and reply to this message
when the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

--
 Chris Lamb, Cambridgeshire, UK                        GPG: 0x634F9A20

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/03/msg00029.html