Re: RFS: gambas2 (updated packages)

El vie, 15-12-2006 a las 16:45 +0200, Shachar Shemesh escribió:
> José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.9.46-1
> > of my package "gambas2". There is a previous version uploaded to experimental.
> > After the upstream author has frozen the gambas2 byte code and Debian has frozen etch,
> > I think it's already time to upload gambas2 to sid.
> >
> I don't think now is a good time to upload anything new to sid at all.
> Etch has been frozen, and every attempt should be made to make sure that
> Sid remains in a state where updates can be pushed from it to Etch, if
> necessary. This means that Sid should only contains changes really
> relevant for Etch. This is particularly true of packages that provide
> infrastructure for other packages.

Your arguments are fine for a package that could affect any other
package in Etch. I have no objection for them in that case.

But, there is no one package in Debian depending on gambas2 and it
doesn't affect in any way to any package. After the freeze, it's not
going to be part of Etch and the application is pretty stable. Those are
my reasons for this package to think it's time to begin its way in
becoming part of Debian. Obviously these reasons don't apply to many
other packages, and for those packages I agree it's a bad moment, but
for gambas2 I think it's fine.
Anyway, we can left the ftp-masters decide if they want to left it in
the queue as long as they think it's needed.

Regards.
José L.