Re: RFS: gambas2 (updated packages)

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.9.46-1
> of my package "gambas2". There is a previous version uploaded to experimental.
> After the upstream author has frozen the gambas2 byte code and Debian has frozen etch,
> I think it's already time to upload gambas2 to sid.

I don't think now is a good time to upload anything new to sid at all.
Etch has been frozen, and every attempt should be made to make sure that
Sid remains in a state where updates can be pushed from it to Etch, if
necessary. This means that Sid should only contains changes really
relevant for Etch. This is particularly true of packages that provide
infrastructure for other packages.

This means that experimental is the RIGHT place for gambas2, IMHO.

Shachar