Re: Opinions on CDBS amongst sponsors

* Neil Williams (linux@codehelp.co.uk) [061211 11:26]:
> Yet some sponsors have made it clear that CDBS is not their preferred
> method and are somewhat unwilling to sponsor CDBS.
>
> I don't use automatic debian/control management and I personally
> wouldn't recommend using that part of CDBS.
>
> What are the problems with CDBS (apart from debian/control automation)?

"I need to reverse-engineer code every time I use it"

There was a good blog entry recently about automation: Good helpers
make the tasks easier by reducing complexity. cdbs doesn't do that - it
surely makes the task easier for people used to it, but for all others,
it is a big black box adding complexity.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/