Re: pbuilder problem

On (23/11/06 23:18), Luca Bedogni wrote:
> Hi mentors
> 	made my first libpackage and the program is the following.
> When i launch pbuilder on another package that uses my library-package i got
> that he can't use the include. I use the package from a local repository.
>
> When i try to build the package with dpkg-buildpackage instead of pbuilder,
> installing my dev package of course, it works fine. If i uninstall the dev
> package from my system and try to compile the new program, it give me that he
> miss the include files.
>
> What's wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong with the second paragraph by the sound of it, but
something may be wrong with the first.

You say you have the package in a local repository, is that repository
in the sources.list *inside* the pbuilder chroot? Does the package that
uses the binary package build-depend on it? Does the package get
installed?

I wont explaina chroot to you, as I will assume you know what one is,
but if you don't I suggest you go and look it up, that knowledge is
crucial to understand some things about pbuilder?

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256