Re: RFS: gcin

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 00:04 +0100, Florent Rougon wrote:
<anip>
[Re space between shebang and the interpreter path]
>   - I was told it is more portable (I once looked for confirmation with
>     a little Google search but that was a while ago and I forgot the
>     exact reasons that were mentioned).
<snip>

The requirement for "#! /" was documented in 4.1BSD but the
implementation never really required it - compare
http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/shebang/exec.2.html and
http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/shebang/sys1.c.html

(Found via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix) )

Ben.