Re: RFS: knetstats

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

your package is a native package, don't do this. additionally, please
fix the following things:

  * remove the useless empty line at the end of changelog.
  * this is ugly (in README.Debian):

---snipp---
 -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>, Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
---snapp--

    and this is beautiful:

---snip---
 -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>  Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
---snapp---

   note that only the comma is different after your email address.

  * this is wrong:

---snipp---
 Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
---snapp---

    and this is right:

---snipp---
  Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
---snapp---

    note the *two* leading spaces.

  * remove the template cruft at the bottom of debian/copyright:

---snip---

# Please also look if there are files or directories which have a
# different copyright/license attached and list them here.
---snapp---

  * debian/dirs is not required, the directories are just created as
    they should.

  * don't add README to docs, it doesn't contain any usefull
    information.

  * remove the useless commented things in the manpage.

  * postinst is empty, so remove it.

  * remove the useless commented things in debian/rules and
    debian/watch.

  * your package does not build, it is missing some of the kde build
    depenendcies.

  * your manpage does not get installed, you have to use debian/manpage
    for that (read man dh_installman)

if you fix above things, i'm happy to sponsor the package.