Re: RFS: vrms (updated package)

Hi, Daniel and other mentors.

On Nov 03 2006, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Rogério Brito wrote:
> > If you need more information, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much for the review. It is one of the things that I was
looking for, since I want to use the best-current practices.

> * README.debian should be README.Debian

Fixed.

> * in your changelog entry, the last line before the date which is an
>   empty line, is wrongly indented with a tab.

Fixed.

> * remove the useless empty line at the end of copyright

Fixed.

> * since you replace postinst with debconf, remove the now commented
>   things from postinst.

Ooops. Mea culpa. Forgot that. Fixed.

> * note that you don't have to provide full-path in rules, because you
>   are already at `pwd`; however, if you insist on full pathes, don't use
>   `pwd` in rules, but $(CURDIR)

Ah, this is a cruft from a very old packaging... Fixed.

> * if you use install -D, you don't need debian/dirs

I prefer to keep debian/dirs for now.

> rest is good.

Thanks.

I hope that the package's current shape is better now to be uploaded. It
is both lintian and linda clean right now (well, it was before).

I guess that some of these checks could be included in lintian (at least
those that deal with empty lines, lines containing just one tab etc). I
will suggest that.

Anyway, just as a reminder, here is the "vital" information:

* dget http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/debian/vrms_1.12.dsc
* svn repository: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/vrms

Thank you very much, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/