Re: How to register manpages?

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> I know, but since Banden Robinson was talking about registering manpages
> (i thin as good proctice) I was wondering what I have done false.

> This is WHY I asked here.

> I want to make packages which support all standards and somethingt like
> this...  Since for a Debian package there are many parts and I need to
> find ALL.

This thread is the first time I've heard of anything related to
registering man pages.  So far as I know, man pages simply work if they're
dropped into the appropriate directories.  There is an index that's built
to support man -k, but that index is generally built nightly from cron,
not through an action of the installed package.