Re: RFS: scalapack (updated package)

Dear Philipp,

On 8/25/06, Philipp Frauenfelder <philipp@frauenfelder-kuerner.ch> wrote:
Dear Muammar

I will sponsor your package. It builds on a AMD64 with pbuilder.
Lintian does not complain. However, you need to fix some things
first:

Firstly, I'm very glad because you will be my sponsor. Thank you a lot. :-)

- Close bug 335006 as you are adopting the package (in the
  changelog). Also note in the changelog that you have now the
  maintainership.

- Also note in the changelog what other changes you have done:
  e.g. renaming of the lib packages. I would not recommend to do
  it since you have to take care of the upgrades with
  Provides/Conflicts (you did not do this). I am not sure if
  your naming is really good:
  scalapack1-mpich -> libscalapack-mpich1
  Please read the Debian Library Packaging Guide:
  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

- Why do the .so links now point to the static libraries?

I'm going to check and do all that you suggested me. I think that the
more critical part is the fact that I changed the name of the lib
packages. I'm reading again the Debian Library Packaging Guide to
investigate it. I changed It, because it was the only way in which I
didn't get  any lintian errors.

Attached in this message there is a copy of the lintian report when
the name of the libraries wasn't changed. I installed scalapack on my
machine and I didn't get any error.

What do you suggest me? because lintian gives warnings If I write the
former names.

Regards
--
Philipp      | work: philipp.frauenfelder@mailsp.com +41 1 802 20 00
Frauenfelder | home: philipp@frauenfelder-kuerner.ch +41 1 862 73 14

Regards Philipp and thank you very much again,

--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.