Re: RFS: scalapack (updated package)

Dear Muammar

Am Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:47:41AM -0400 hat Muammar Wadih El Khatib Rodriguez getippert:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.7.4-2 of my package
> "scalapack". :-)

I will sponsor your package. It builds on a AMD64 with pbuilder.
Lintian does not complain. However, you need to fix some things
first:

- Close bug 335006 as you are adopting the package (in the
  changelog). Also note in the changelog that you have now the
  maintainership.

- Also note in the changelog what other changes you have done:
  e.g. renaming of the lib packages. I would not recommend to do
  it since you have to take care of the upgrades with
  Provides/Conflicts (you did not do this). I am not sure if
  your naming is really good:
  scalapack1-mpich -> libscalapack-mpich1
  Please read the Debian Library Packaging Guide:
  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

- Why do the .so links now point to the static libraries?

Regards
--
Philipp      | work: philipp.frauenfelder@mailsp.com +41 1 802 20 00
Frauenfelder | home: philipp@frauenfelder-kuerner.ch +41 1 862 73 14