Re: RFS: resmedicinae

Le Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 10:38:08PM +0200, Christian Heller a écrit :
> Hi Thijs,
>
> > I can't upload your package now, but do have some quick comments to
> > improve it. If you can't find a sponsor here, you can try the debian-med
> > mailinglist.
>
> I announced my packages there, but forgot to ask for a sponsor.
> So I've just sent a second email to the debian-med mailing list.
>
> Thanks for your hints, which I will consider in the next package release!
>
> Christian

Dear Christian,

Three minor comments:

Some files, such as debian/copyright are encoded in ISO-8859, whereas
unicode is now the default for Debian (As a consequence, the umlauts are
not proprerly displayed).

In the debian/rules file, the many rules do not seem to be doing much.
Maybe cleaning the rules file for the comments and the passive sections
will help sponsoring (which I can not do as I am not a DD).

Adding a desktop file would be nice to GNOME and KDE users. Also, it is
part of the Ubuntu policy, so you can either wait for them to provide
a patch, or write the file before them. In my experience, the patch is
helpful, but never corresponds 100 % to what you would have done.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/NoDesktopFile/Examples for
many examples. Also, there is a program named desktop-file-validate
which can help you.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy