Re: Question on a package split

Hello,

> > 	Either way, I don't think that's too much splitting, but you could
> > eliminate one library by mergeing the packages for libkmobiletools_at
> > and libkmobiletools together.
>
> Ok, then I will have:
>
> kmobiletools
> libkmobiletools
> libkmobiletools-dev
> and kmobiletools-plugin-kontact.

According to Policy, Chapter 8.1 "the run-time shared library needs to
be placed in a package whose name changes whenever the shared object
version changes". You might need to do that, though I am not sure if
this statement is absolute, since it is written to ensure that two
different versions of the library can be installed at the same time,
while if there is only one application using it, and the library is not
useful for other packages, this might be not neccessary.

I'd appreciate comments on this.

Best regards

Benjamin

--