Re: RFC / RFS: furl_2.1-1

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:15:59 +0100
James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:

> On (11/08/06 12:26), Marco Bertorello wrote:
> > Hi Mentors,
> >
> > I'm looking for comment (and possibly a sponsor) about my package
> > "furl":
>
> First, the packaging looks very good overall.

I've corrected all things:

http://bertorello.ns0.it/debian/furl/furl_2.1-1.dsc
http://bertorello.ns0.it/debian/furl/furl_2.1-1_i386.changes
http://bertorello.ns0.it/debian/furl/furl_2.1-1_i386.deb
http://bertorello.ns0.it/debian/furl/furl_2.1.orig.tar.gz
http://bertorello.ns0.it/debian/furl/furl_2.1-1.diff.gz

> A few small points:
>
>   * debian/changelog: you should close an ITP bug with the upload. See
>     http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ for instructions on reporting
> the ITP. The add (Closes: #xxxxx) to the line in the changelog, where
>     xxxxx is the bug number you get assigned.

I've done an ITP and close it.

>   * The description could be longer, but I'm not sure there's too much
>     more youcould say. Perhaps add that it can impersonate IE or
>     Mozilla, and that the request can be specified.

I've added this notice to description

>   * You should add an actual license header to debian/copyright. See
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

Fixed.

>   * debian/rules: You don't need dh_installexamples, also some people
>     don't like commented dh_ calls.
>
>   * debian/furl.1 says furl [OPTIONS] [URL] [filename], but doesn't
> say what filename is for, and furl http://www.google.com/ temp shows
> the usage text (though the usage text also shows this syntax)

I've used CDBS and cdbs-edit-patch, because dpatch wan't work with this
patch (I don't understand why), but now rules file is more clean ;-)

On -devel@l.d.o, some people said that this package is a "waste of disk
space" because there are several packages that do the same thing. Is
that a problem?

thanks a lot,

--
Marco Bertorello
System Administrator

Acktel S.r.l.
Strada Comunale Savonesa, 9
15050 Rivalta Scrivia - Tortona (AL)
http://www.acktel.com

Informativa per il trattamento dei dati personali legge 196/2003
(codice privacy), per consultare l'informativa collegarsi a:
http://www.acktel.com/privacy.php