Re: RFC / RFS: furl_2.1-1

On (11/08/06 12:26), Marco Bertorello wrote:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> I'm looking for comment (and possibly a sponsor) about my package
> "furl":

First, the packaging looks very good overall.

A few small points:

  * debian/changelog: you should close an ITP bug with the upload. See
    http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ for instructions on reporting the
    ITP. The add (Closes: #xxxxx) to the line in the changelog, where
    xxxxx is the bug number you get assigned.
    (To everyone else on the list, is X-Debbugs-CC:
    debian-devel@lists.debian.org added automatically? I haven't filed
    on myself, but it seems like they all go to the list, and I'm sure
    that not everyone manually adds this.)

  * The description could be longer, but I'm not sure there's too much
    more youcould say. Perhaps add that it can impersonate IE or
    Mozilla, and that the request can be specified.

  * You should add an actual license header to debian/copyright. See
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

  * debian/rules: You don't need dh_installexamples, also some people
    don't like commented dh_ calls.

  * debian/furl.1 says furl [OPTIONS] [URL] [filename], but doesn't say
    what filename is for, and furl http://www.google.com/ temp shows the
    usage text (though the usage text also shows this syntax)

> Thanks a lot for your attention and sorry for my english ;-)

I see nothing wrong with your English. Thanks for packaging this, I will
certainly be using it. Unfortunately I can't upload it myself.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256