Re: RFS: queuegraph

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 02:58 +0100, Conall O'Brien wrote:

> > I've rebuild my package now (and it seems to be 3.7.2 complient). I've
> > uploaded it to mentors.debian.net again. Hopefully the updated packages
> > will be moved from incoming/ to the pool soon.
>
> I tried to do your dget -x test and I'm seeing the same diff error,
> despite creating a new build environent on a new host and only keeping
> the debian/ directory.

OK, I've uploaded a version that fixes the broken diff.gz. It replaced
your version and I made no other changes and made sure I preserved all
your work.

There are some more problems with the package:

      * you seem to misunderstand postinst - postinst is run when users
        *install* the package onto their systems. also, please think
        about if you need to remove the rrd database on package purge. I
        suggest you read these:

http://women.debian.org/wiki/English/MaintainerScripts
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html#s-mscriptsinstact

      * debian/control: please make the homepage comply with devref
        6.2.4 until we get a real Homepage field:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info

      * debian/rules: Please chmod/chown the installed versions rather
        than the ones in the package. Please run dh_install in the
        install target. Please remove dh_strip/dh_shlibdeps lines and
        uncomment dh_testdir. Please comment out DH_VERBOSE.
      * lintian/linda complain. I suggest you place these lines in your
        ~/.devscripts file so lintian and linda are run on every package
        build:

export DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-us -uc -i -ICVS -I.svn"
export DEBUILD_LINDA=yes
export DEBUILD_LINTIAN_OPTS=-i
export DEBUILD_LINDA_OPTS="-i -s"

      * lintian/linda errors that need fixing:

E: queuegraph source: debian-rules-missing-required-target binary-arch
E: queuegraph source: debian-rules-missing-required-target build
W: queuegraph source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token debian/postinst
W: queuegraph: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
W: queuegraph; File /usr/lib/queuegraph/count.sh contained in /usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
W: queuegraph; Maintainer script postinst uses debhelper, but does not use #DEBHELPER#.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise