Re: RFS: queuegraph

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 02:49:39AM IST, Paul Wise
<pabs3@bonedaddy.net> incoherently babbled:

> No need to CC me, I'm subscribed. You should assume that people don't
> want a CC unless they indicate that they do in some way.

Apologies. That was mutt doing a reply all...

> I suggest this in the directory where you are working:
>
> mkdir old ; mv queuegraph*/ old
> wget http://www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb/postfix/queuegraph/queuegraph.tar.gz
> mv queuegraph.tar.gz queuegraph_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz
> mkdir queuegraph-1.1.0 ; cd queuegraph-1.1.0
> tar zcf ../queuegraph_1.1.0.orig.tar.gz
> cp -r `find ../old/ -name debian -type d` .
> <re-edit or apply the changes you made to upstream code>

Ok, done that now.

> Generally, packages should be developed on sid (or in a sid chroot),
> otherwise build-dependencies and dependencies may be incorrect.

I agree. I've upgraded one of my systems to sid now and have started
using it as a build env.

> queuegraph.cgi usr/lib/cgi-bin
> queuegraph/count.sh usr/lib/queuegraph
> queuegraph/createrrd.sh usr/lib/queuegraph

Seems easy enough. I've converted over to using this system now.

> The process for creating the database runs only at package build time,
> meaning a blank database is stored in the package. Every file in the
> package (except conffiles) is removed and replaced on upgrade.

Nice catch.

I've rebuild my package now (and it seems to be 3.7.2 complient). I've
uploaded it to mentors.debian.net again. Hopefully the updated packages
will be moved from incoming/ to the pool soon.

Thanks for your help and constructive feedback...

--

Conall O'Brien

+353 (0)1 6535148 | sip:31313@blueface.ie

http://www.conall.net