sponsors, .changes and Maintainer fields

My sponsor and I suspect something has changed in how .changes is
handled by a sponsored upload and I'd like to ask for confirmation on
the process.

e.g.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pilot-qof/news/20060807T184922Z.html

1. What is affected by the Maintainer: and Changed-By: fields in .changes?

2. As long as the most recent debian/changelog still refers to me, will
I always be listed as the Maintainer of the package, irrespective of
what appears in .changes?

What about co-maintainers?  I'm co-maintainer for one package with
uploads via the same sponsor. Does that change anything?

--

Neil Williams