Re: RFS: feedparser -- Universal Feed Parser for Python

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
> >  - you build your package with "python", which is the current python
> >    version, but you declare a build-dep on python-all-dev, and
> >    XS-Python-Version: >= 2.1
> >    => change that to python-dev and XS-Python-Version: current, OR make
> >    your package build for all python versions (recommended)
> >  - Provides: python2.4-feedparser => this is incorrect, your package is
> >    only built for the current python version, not for 2.4, and you
> >    should use ${python:Provides} anyway
> This is all incorrect

 Hmm indeed, I don't know why but I started with the hypothesis that it
 was a Python extension, but it's a module.

> python2.4-feedparser is not only correct but was necessary to deal with
> #358900 at the time. However, there are no rdeps on it now, so it might
> be worthwhile to remove it. But again, it's not a bug.

 Even if it was correct back then, it's now incorrect to hardcode
 supported versions instead of using ${python:Provides} IMO.  The
 package will be missing the 2.3 provide after the transition which
 could theoretically be used by a package requiring python2.3; I give
 you that they are probably none.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>