Re: RFS: flamerobin

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Hello Damyan,
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for flamerobin - а graphical database
>> administration tool for Firebird DBMS. (ITP# 334489)
>
> I can't sponsor you (yet), but I did review your package. Here's some
> things I found.

Thanks, Thijs, for your time!

> * debian/control: Architecture is set to "i386 amd64". What prevents
>   the package from being usable on other architectures? Are you sure
>   you don't mean "any"?

flamerobin depends on libfbclient1, which is currently available only
on i386 and amd64. Additionally, flamerobin Build-Depends on
firebird2-dev, which is also available only for i386 and amd64.

> * debian/docs: you install BUILD.txt as documentation, but Debian users
>   do not need that info at all. Better leave it out. You install the

Good catch!

>   'real' documentation under /usr/share/flamerobin/docs, why not under
>   /usr/share/doc ?

This documentation is intended for browsing via flamerobin's internal
help browser. In that sense it clasifies better as "data", than as
"package documentation".

On the other side, someone may want to browse it withoout graphical
environment, so I've put a html symlink in /usr/share/doc/flamerobin
pointing to /usr/share/flamerobin/docs.

> * debian/changelog: you mention in the -3 version that that's the first
>   upload to the Debian archive, but it's not. Maybe better to not claim
>   that and move the text + bug closing to the -4 version.

Moved to -5 (current)

> * debian/patches: what's with the commented out patches in 00list that
>   aren't packaged? Doesn't make sense to refer to patches that aren't
>   included. What's the intent of the 137kB patch
>   remove-supplied-fbheaders.dpatch? I can't really judge from its
>   description, but it's huge - is that necessary?

Now that upstream doesn't ship the headers in question any more, it is
of historical value. Removed. As well as the rest. dpatch
dependency/rules still left to ease adding patches in a future release.

> * debian/postinst,postrm: these are essentially empty and can be
>   removed.

Removed indeed.

> * debian/watch: some people prefer to use
>   http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php instead of direct queries of sf.net.

As Frank Thomas pointed out, this works exactly the way you suggest.

Thanks again, Thijs.

New release -6 ready for sponsoring.

ftp://shrek.creditreform.bg/public/pool/main/f/flamerobin/flamerobin_0.7.2-6.dsc

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                           Modular Software Systems
dam@modsoftsys.com