Re: Debian package without released upstream source

Hallo Goswin,

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Just make sure to use a version that sorts lower than a future actual
> 2.2 release. Optimaly 2.2~beta2 would be used but I think the DAK
> still doesn't accept those. 2.1.99+2.2-beta might be a good choice.

Good objection. I've changed this.

In a PM, someone raised the objection that the source tar.gz might be a
temporary file. I assume this, too. But I expect when upstream removes
this file, it places a new one at sourceforge. Does anyone share this
objection? Should I not use this tar ball?

BTW: What can I do, if I can't run pbuilder? Exist an open pbuilder
network? I've split the package in a architecture dependent and
independent package, because lintian complained about a huge /usr/share.
Now I need to verify if my split build dependencies are correct.

Bye, Jörg.
--
"UNIX was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop them from doing clever things."