Debian package without released upstream source

Hi,

I've created a package for Xindy (#362584) on the basis of a not released
upstream source, because the upstream maintainer told me that the old
source tree should be replaced and the old source didn't build really
fine.

Nearly one month ago I've asked the maintainer to release the source, but
nothing happend. The time, he told me about the new tarball is nearly on
half year ago. I really think upstream is to bussy to release it.

Now, my question is: Can I release a package that bases on not-released
sources? If so, I request for an sponsor. Otherwise, what should I do?
Wait?

Regards, Jörg.
--
Wer einen Traum verwirklichen will, muss erst aufwachen.