Re: how to create a Release file

Tomas Davidek wrote:
> Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>> See second paragraph. Perhaps a couple of "-o APT::FTPArchive::Xyz=Foo"
>> options could help?
>>

> Thanks for the answer, unfortunately it does not work (at least not in
> stable release). Any option I specified is not taken into account (no
> error messages on the output either!), the Release file still begins
> only with:
> ----------
> Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:30:22 UTC
> MD5Sum:
> ----------
> Maybe upgrading to testing solves the problem ?? Another question -
> where the Release file should be located ? According to docs I placed it
> into dists/<release>, but when looking at the debian mirrors I see also
> some Release files in dist/<release>/main/binary-i386 etc....
>
> Can anyone comment on it, please ?

I can't help you with this one either. I personally use reprepro for
maintaining private repositories. It works if you obey to not try to
upload each revision more than once... May be looking at reprepro's
source can give you some ideas as of how to generate Release files.

Not very helpful, sory.

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                              Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg              http://www.creditreform.bg/