php[4|5]+apache DSO - should I care about php4?

Hello,

	I'm working on debianizing my apache2 module
(http://www.crackerjack.net/mod_bt/). My hope is to eventually become a
debian package maintainer and supply debian with this apache2 extension.
I've gotten the core shared libs and apache2 handler done, and now it's time
for me to do the perl and php extensions.

	Of course, both php4 and php5 are still out there and probably both
are widely used at this point. There's two ways I can think of to go about
rolling .deb's for each:

		- change "--with-php-config" in my configure script to
"--with-php4-config" and "--with-php5-config", which would do the exact same
thing, only twice. :-)

		- build that part of the source tree twice with two
different sets of configure options to create the two DSOs.

	But should I be overly concerned with building a php4- package? Or
is PHP4 expected to be retired soonish?

	Also, the PHP module needs access to PHP, Apache2, and mod_bt's API
all at once, which means that if php_mod_bt is being used from within a
php.ini, mod_bt.so needs to be loaded before libphp4.so or libphp5.so.
Convienently enough, "lib" comes earlier in a sort than "mod", so this
happens by default already... but have there been other situations where
apache2 module loading order was important, and if so, how were they
handled?

	Thanks,
		Tyler