Migration to svn-buildpackage

Hi all,
I've asked my mentor/sponsor about migrating to svn-buildpackage
(since SVN seems to be the preferred choice) to manage package and he
suggested me to ask here, so... I'm asking here... :)

I'd like you to suggest me what to do with previous packages (and
different package versions): do I have to import all package versions
(svn-inject the first, that svn-update for all the followings) or just
the last one and start now to manage source via SVN?

As of now, repository will be only for personal use, and packages I
manage are really simple, so I think there will be no need of branches
from previous version.

Is there something useful (some tricks) to know about it? Something to
easy SVN management and it's not written in howto?

Thanks & Regards,
Sandro

--
Sandro Tosi (aka Morpheus, matrixhasu)