Re: RFS: checkinstall

Justin Pryzby wrote:

>> Where is that mentioned? I can't find it.
> 10.7.2.
Quote:
If your package creates or uses configuration files outside of /etc, and  it
is not feasible to modify the package to use /etc directly, put the files
in /etc and create symbolic links to those files from the location that the
package requires.

But the thing is I modified the package, and there is no need to create
useless files/symlinks. As I also modified the documentation to point to
the real places, I see no reason to create the symlinks.
--

Felipe Sateler