Re: RFS: checkinstall

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> I doubt it. Debian users are used to find their configuration
> under /etc, because all packages do that. Even, users of any LSB/FHS
> compliant distro expect that. I can't think of a reason why someone
> would think that for "checkinstall" this would be different than for any
> of the thousands of other packages in Debian.
I'd think that too, but since checkinstall *does* install the files in such
places, a person that had been using checkinstall downloaded from upstream
would expect to find the files in the same places. OTOH, such a user might
be very unlikely. So, README.Debian is gone, and the package has ben
reuploaded.

--

Felipe Sateler