Re: question about CFLAGS modifiers to ./configure

Thanks for your help, I have the ideas quite much clearer now.

It seems that libgnashserver depends on libgnashasobjs, and at the same time
libgnashasobjs depends on libgnashserver too, which is something quite wierd.

Is there a nice solution for this? I guess the right thing should be to tell
upstream to unify the libraries into one, is there any other solution I can
handle?

Greetings and thanks,
Miry

 --- "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> escribió:

> This looks like the prime example of a error -Wl,-z,syms is there to
> catch. The library libgnashhashserver needs symbols from the library
> libgnashhasobjs, but does not link against this library.
> Without -Wl,-z,syms the linker supposes that this might be callbacks
> to the main program, and most programs using this lib link properly
> because they most likely also link against libgnashhasobjs. And if
> people realize they cannot link against libgnashhashserver without that
> lib they tend to not realize the error in hashserver but just adding
> linkining to hashobj (which might be an additional error, as linking
> against libs you do not need directly is an error, but in the common
> cases both errors do not show up and it just works so people do not
> suspect any bad).
>
> To fix this try to add something like (untested):
>
> libgnashhashserver_la_LIBADD = libgnashhashobjs.la

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com