Re: /etc/conf not installed

Gerber van der Graaf <gerber_graaf@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I am trying to repair the libgpiv package I've build. The
> libgpiv_0.3.2-1_i386.deb contains a configuration file /etc/gpiv.conf,
> as reported by dpkg -c. Extracting the .deb to tmpdir/ (with dpkg -x)

This shows it is a conffile. This is more precise than "configuration
file".

> gives tmpdir/etc/gpiv.conf, as expected. However, dpkg --install .deb or
> installing with: "apt-get install libgpiv" (after uploading in a local
> repository) does not install this file. On the other
> side, /usr/lib/libgpiv.so is perfectly installed. The gpiv.conf file is
> pointed by debian/libgpiv.files. I also tried to include it in
> debian/conffiles, in order to warn in case of an upgrade. Can somebody

You should be using a debhelper level where any file shipped in the .deb
under /etc is automatically a conffile.

> give me a hint where I have to look at or to search for in order to
> repair this bug? Thanks, Gerber

Did you try purging the package (dpkg -P <pkg>) before installing it?
Did you try the --force-confmiss option of dpkg?

--
Florent