Re: Take over an ITP in absence of an answer from the bug owner

On Monday 13 March 2006 20:19, Julien Valroff wrote:
> I am very interested in taking over fast-user-switch-applet package
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=304763)
>
> I don't own the ITP which is almost one year old, and the owner hasn't
> (yet) answered my e-mail.

I don't think that this is handled clearly in the policy. I personally
would allow the original ITP submitter 1-2 weeks to react. If you don't
get any reply just change the owner to yourself and upload it. You could
already start to look for a sponsor (RFS to this mailing list).

Usually I'm pretty careful with package cleptomania. But there are so many
ITPs that are long dead and block other people's attempt to introduce the
package to Debian.

Kindly
 Christoph
--