Re: RFS: firefox-greasemonkey

Don Armstrong wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, Don Armstrong wrote:
>

>Ok, a couple of major/minor issues:
>
>1) You're just providing the xpi file instead of building it from the
>individual source packages which are present in the upstream source.

As far as I can see, releases are distributed only as XPInstall archives.
The upstream source is kept only in CVS, which seems suboptimal
to me. Especially since cvs seems to hang if I attempt anything other than
a checkout from this repository while using the provided guest account.
I understand that not having the idl files for the XPCOM components is a
concern with this approach. Are there any other reasons why this is a
problem?

>You need to write your own makefile/installer which builds the xpi
>instead or installs it to the proper location.
>
>Don't forget to include whatever is building the .xpt xpcom files too.

Thanks!
Michael Spang