Re: backports?

Wolfgang Lonien wrote:
> I'm asked to do some backporting from time to time - would that count as:
>
> "we require that prospective developers have already contributed – in
> the form of translations, documentation, sending patches or package
> maintenance." (from the new maintainers' corner)?

No. Backporting is easy, and something completely diffrent than building
a package from scratch and/or maintaining a package on your own.

> And would I send these only to backports.org, or should I also try to
> find some mentor/sponsor here?

If you need a sponsor for backports.org, just write to
backports-users@lists.backports.org, and give an URL where the
backported package can be reviewed. I, at least, will look at it in a
very timely fashion, for sure.