Re: libapache2-mod-auth-ldap

Arnaud,

>> I'have make this package and you could find it
>> @www.spyroux.be/~arnaud/debian

As such a good idea, but ...

>> This package (libapache2-mod-auth-ldap) seems to be missing from the
>> sarge.

I thought this as well, but it isn't. The mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap are part of the package apache2-common. They get installed into /etc/apache2/mods-available, but they are not available until you make a symlink to it in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled.

>> There is a package in the experimental branch (found via
>> packages.debian.org) with the name : libapache2-mod-authz-ldap but I
>> did'nt try it (it has got an odd version number).

This is about something else. Haven't researched this to the end, but I had installed it only to find out it was not what you need to link a .htaccess to your LDAP server. So I put it aside.

>> This is my first debian package so, this package could contain some
>> errors. I build it on a sarge and it's running on www.spyroux.be.

You linked your package to a specific version of apache2. In the meanwhile a slightly newer version got released, so I was able to instal your package only with dpkg --force-depends. If might have been better (though I am not sure about the rules) to make your package depend on apache2 >= 2.xx rather than apache = 2.xx.

I wonder though what the rule is what modules are part of apache2-common and which ones are separate Debian packages. I would be tempted to assume that everything which is part of the tarball that comes from the Apache httpd project goes into apache2-common while anything that is made available separately (such as PHP for example) goes into a separate Debian package, but again, I am not sure.

Regards,
Torsten

Regards,
Torsten