Re: wannabe package maintainer

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:28:55PM -0700, Ranjan Grover wrote:
> Here you go
>
> http://soundgarden.optics.arizona.edu/gwyddion_1.15-1.diff.gz
> http://soundgarden.optics.arizona.edu/gwyddion_1.15.orig.tar.gz
> http://soundgarden.optics.arizona.edu/gwyddion_1.15-1.dsc

You need to remove all the unused ./debian/*.ex, edit the changelog,
dirs, copyright, control, edit rules, remove unused/comment lines, and
(my preference) remove any generated files in the "clean" target.
Lots of work to be done.  You should end up with a readable .diff.gz;
even if you choose to not remove the generated files, the diff should
be readable by skipping the generated files (m/^--- /), and contain as
pure content as possible; you should be able to point your upstream
authors to it and say "the changes I made for distribution with Debian
can be found at: ...".

	-$(MAKE) clean
Don't do this; see Branden's bug on lintian for more info.

Justin