Re: RFC/RFS: beef - a flexible BrainFuck interpreter

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:04:47 +0100
Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> wrote:

> > I suggest bumping the package version and making a note of
> > your changes in debian/changelog when you make a change: the
> > tool 'dch -i' from the package source dir will help you do
> > this.
>
> Personally, as long as the previous version wasn't released with Debian, and
> not made public on a large scale either (and advertising to this list isn't a
> large scale), I don't bump the debian version, but just keep it at -1.  As far
> as I've understood many e-mails here, that seems to be common practice.

I made a similar reasoning when I decided not to bump the version number.

The package has never been in Debian, and even if it had, no one would want to
update it just because of a change in the mantainer scripts: the content of the
package is exactly the same.

Please tell me if my thoughts were wrong.

Thanks.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>
"Like Russian Rulette with six bullets loaded"