Linking file types and apps

Hi,

I want to make a package update my system so that it creates an association
between a file with a certain extension, and a program. It seems that I need
to write some .desktop file and update the mime types, but I haven't been able
to find some documentation or explanation so clear that allows me to make it.
I've been trying to copy what some other packages do, without success.

Can you point me to somewhere to be able to learn that, or give some hints on
how to do it, please?

Greetings and thanks,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.