Re: RFS: ElementTree, ElementTidy, cElementTree

On 2/17/06, Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm searching for sponsors for the above-mentioned packages. ElementTree and
> cElementTree are already in Debian and just have new versions/revisions.

All the packages are missing the stupid space befor the homepage, as
documented in:
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info

I hate that stupid space, but it's in the "best package practices", so
I guess that it should be there.

Some other thing, did you contact debian-legal about the license?

"By obtaining, using, and/or copying this software and/or its
associated documentation, you agree that you have read, understood,
and will comply with the following terms and conditions:

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
associated documentation for any purpose and without fee ..."

I'm not a legal expert but both the "By obtaining [...] you agree that
you have read" and the "without fee" sound a bit like a complication
that might make these packages actually non-free.

Sorry, but that's how it looks to me. I hope I'm mistaken.

--
Besos,
Marga