Re: How to dpatch a file inside a tarball inside an .orig.tar.gz?

Am Montag, den 13.02.2006, 01:24 -0600 schrieb Peter Samuelson:
> [Daniel Leidert]
> > Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 20:01 +0100 schrieb Marc Haber:
> > > It has now shown to be necessary to apply patches to the upstream
> > > docs. I would like to use dpatch for that.
> >
> > Could you also write a bug-report for dpatch? This is a feature I also
> > miss and I would of course support such a request.
>
> Well, note that (1) is already possible and not even all that hard.

Of course, but it's a "useless" patch. You better remove that patch from
the source when making the final package, because the patch would
increase the package-source size. But if you then make a new package
revision, you have to re-add this patch again. There should be an easier
solution. Maybe only add a possibility to define one or more targets to
run after creating the clean workspace. That's IMHO a clean and easy to
use/implement solution.

> That is, to have a .dpatch file whose purpose is to unpack the tarball
> on 'patch' and delete the tree on 'unpatch'.

But as I said: Such a patch would be big and it should not stay inside
the package-source.

Regards, Daniel