Re: How to dpatch a file inside a tarball inside an .orig.tar.gz?

[Daniel Leidert]
> Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 20:01 +0100 schrieb Marc Haber:
> > It has now shown to be necessary to apply patches to the upstream
> > docs. I would like to use dpatch for that.
>
> Could you also write a bug-report for dpatch? This is a feature I also
> miss and I would of course support such a request.

Well, note that (1) is already possible and not even all that hard.
That is, to have a .dpatch file whose purpose is to unpack the tarball
on 'patch' and delete the tree on 'unpatch'.  dpatch was written with
that sort of flexibility in mind - it seems a shame not to use that
flexibility for one of the few things it's actually good for.  (I've
always viewed that flexibility in dpatch to be a serious case of
overengineering, but this is probably a valid use case.)

Peter