Re: RFS: proxycheck -- link

Hi.

Christoph Haas wrote:
> - Please don't change past entries in the changelog even though
>   I understand that you wanted to correct the line wrapping.
Correcting factual mistakes or typos in the changelog seems to be
accepted practice and I can't really see the harm of doing so with the
line wrapping and such as long as all information is preserved...

> - Consider using "dpatch" for changing the upstream sources.
>   You may find it easier to keep or remove patches when the next
>   upstream version is released.
It's good to know the option, but for minor changes that are likely to
either be kept or accepted upstream, I've found it easier to use the
original patch. I don't think you (Christoph) wanted to require it -
otherwise you wouldn't have uploaded the package - but for the casual
reader, it could be even clearer that this is a matter of preference and
 consideration on a case by case basis.

Kind regards

T.
--