Re: What to do if the upstream keeps debian directory in original tarball?

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:17:09PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Mark Brown <broonie@sirena.org.uk> [2006.01.24.2229 +0100]:

> > People sometimes do this so they can ship something targetted at stable
> > (one of my upstreams insists on doing this and also doesn't want to use
> > any Debian tools since they don't run Debian).

> backports.org

That's not their home page which is what they want: if they were happy
for people to go elsewhere for their packages they wouldn't be doing
things like building packages for distributions they don't even have
installed.

> > "You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever."

> Please give a reference to the author of this quote: Godspeed You
> Black Emperor!

*yawn*