Re: understand dpatch

On Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:01 AM, Rakotomandimby Mihamina
<mihamina.rakotomandimby@etu.univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 18:59 +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
>> To get working dpatches I recommend using the 'dpatch-edit-patch'
>> command.
[...]
> I had a look at the man page, but I did not see how to go on or edit
> an already existing dpatch.
[...]
> Then when compile, I see that I made a typo.
> I dont wana re-edit the whole code I modified.
> How should I do?

The man page is quite clear, imho.

dpatch-edit-patch(1):

            When  dpatchname exists, dpatch-edit-patch will set up a working
              source tree, apply all dpatches listed in
debian/patches/00list
              up  to  and including dpatchname, and spawn an interactive
shell
              for the developer. The developer then edits files in this
work-
              ing  tree.  When  the  developer  is  done, they exit the
shell.
              dpatch-edit-patch then updates dpatchname to reflect the
changes
              made.   Should  the developer wish to abort the process from
the
              interactive shell, they need only cause the shell to  exit
with
              an  exit  value  of 230.  Typically, this is done by exiting
the
              shell with the command exit 230.

So just run "dpatch-edit-patch foo" again.

Regards,

Adam