Re: ITP vexim

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:25:11 +0000, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
wrote:
>This one time, at band camp, Daniel Knabl said:
>> Am Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:44:59 -0500 schrieb Justin Pryzby
>> > How do you deal with the exim4 "conf.d" model vs the exim4.conf model?
>>
>> Please look at the previous paragraphs. ;-)
>
>Why don't you just create an entire seperate conf.d structure and tell
>people to use the -d switch in /etc/default/exim?

Bad idea for a package. That's what the -config API is for.

As exim maintainer, I want to know exactly when a bug reported against
exim is actually mine or vexim's. And vexim is exactly that kind of
software which attracts a huge bunch of clueless wannabe-mailadmins
who generate truckloads of bug reports.

Greetings
Marc