Re: ITP vexim

> Well, maybe it "seems", but indeed I DID read it. Not just read, I also
Ok, you have to understand that this is borderline possible to do
right, and exim4 is probably one of only a handful of packages that
will allow this, because its configuration is in a separate package.

> In one point you are right. My first steps I made without knowing where
Your package is probably 50% of the way to working.  I expect that
there is a fair amount of testing that still needs to be done.  You
probably want to reread relevant sections of the policy document.

You have a huge number of changes outside of ./debian/, even creating
some files.  Why not restrict them to ./debian/?  If you need a large
number of changes, you might consider using a patching system.

I also note the exim4 requirement to

  * drop the exim 4 configuration either into
  /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated or into /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.

Do you do this?  Best-practice, (if not required practice), would also
preserve values between configurations, so your package's debconf
should be "seeded" with values from somewhere in /etc/exim4/, if that
information is available.

You'll have to have a {pre,post}rm that moves your configuration out
of the way, and the exim4 configuration back into place.

--
Clear skies,
Justin