Re: Problem compiling new upstream version, what to do?

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 06:09 pm, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Stan Vasilyev <stan.vasilyev@csun.edu> writes:
> > I'm trying to package the new version of xdialog: Xdialog-2.1.2. The
> > upstream tarball doesn't compile on my system. When I run configure and
> > make I get:
> >
> > RANLIB@: Command not found
>
> That sounds like an upstream packaging bug.  There's a missing @ there; it
> should be @RANLIB@.

After messing around with autoconf, automake and aclocal for 4 hours I found
the bug. The upstream actually included a fix in the Xdialog.spec file.

RANLIBBIN=`which ranlib`
sed -e "s:RANLIB = @RANLIB@:RANLIB = $RANLIBBIN:" lib/Makefile >
lib/Makefile.patched
mv -f lib/Makefile.patched lib/Makefile

When I execute that in shell and export RANLIB everything builds fine.

Stan