Re: Problem compiling new upstream version, what to do?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Stan Vasilyev wrote:

I'm trying to package the new version of xdialog: Xdialog-2.1.2. The upstream tarball doesn't compile on my system. When I run configure and make I get:

RANLIB@: Command not found

I found a way to fix that error by running autogen.sh in the source tree.
Should I repackage the upstream tarball or email the upstream author about
this problem?

I'm no DD, but can't you just run autogen.sh and put the difference in your .diff.gz like any other patch? I get this failure, too, so you probably should contact upstream about it.

-- Asheesh.

--
Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.