Re: Custom Debian Installer

Hi,
* Derek Wueppelmann <monkey@monkeynet.ca> [2006-01-16 23:48]:
> I've been trying to find out if there is a way to use the debian
> installer to create a CD which can be used to install a preselected list
> of packages onto different types of systems? Even just modifying the
> installer so that it will automatically select a customized task (debian
> dummy package) would be good.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been tyring to fumble
> my way around the debian-installer source.. but it's a little confusing,
> and I have a feeling running through the makefile to make sense of
> things will take quite a while.

Yes you can create a preselect file with instructions, for
example install from a list of packages after base-config.
To use this preseed file you have to use a command line
option in the boot loader. I have not all information in my
head but have done this recently and can send you
information as soon as possible.
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF